Value each child, Inspire, Excite and Excel.
- To create a safe, supportive and stimulating learning environment in which all children can experience success.
- To ensure all learning is secured according to the principles of ‘mastery’ – for children to have a deep understanding of concepts and skills and the ability to use and apply these.
- To ensure the curriculum is well-taught and appropriately sequenced, including thoughtfully designed assessment practice and consideration of an appropriate model of progression.
- To teach, support and embed a ‘growth mindset’ for all children which encourages pupils to embrace challenge and build a community of resilient learners.
- To provide a rich curriculum and meaningful learning experiences, which give pupils a growing knowledge of the world in which they live.
- To promote social, moral, spiritual and cultural awareness so that children are well equipped to become active, respectful and responsible members of their community.
- To regularly take learning beyond the classroom through utilising our local area and community and to assess opportunities further afield including whole school trips.
Learning Skills and Growth Mindset
Through the provision of rich and varied activities, we aim to:
- Enable pupils to securely acquire a broad range of knowledge, skills and understanding;
- Enable pupils to make connections across areas of learning, to think creatively and solve problems;
- Encourage pupils to work hard with a positive attitude and motivation to succeed;
- Encourage pupils to seek and be resilient to challenge, and to learn from their mistakes;
- Develop pupils’ capacity to learn and work both independently and in collaboration with peers.
Organisation & Planning
Our curriculum is planned and developed in line with the requirements of the National Curriculum and the Early Years Foundation Curriculum. Recently we have endeavoured to develop our curriculum to ensure it reflects our school vision and ethos. Each topic is carefully planned to incorporate our values, our environment (woodland & the River Eden), curiousity, community and mindfulness. We also aim to provide links to maths, English and science (where appropriate).
Below are the several broad areas our curriculum is built upon:
- Personal, social and emotional development
- Communication, language and literacy
- Mathematical development
- Knowledge and understanding of the world
- Physical development
- Creative development
Our long-term planning for each class is detailed on the class pages below. We plan a two year programme and hold regular reviews as a staff to ensure our curriculum is having a valuable effect on children's learning.
Whole School Overview
Class Curriculum Plans
ICT safety information
8.55 - 9.15 - Registration
9.15 - 10.45 - Session 1
10.45 - 11.00 - Playtime
11.00 - 12.00 - Session 2
12.00 - 12.15 - Assembly and Collective Worship
12.15 - 13.15 - Lunch for KS1 Children
12.15 - 13.05 - Lunch for KS2 Children
13.05 - 13.15 - Quiet Reading for KS2 Children
13.15 - 13.20 - Registration
13.20 - 14.20 - Session 3
14.20 - 14.30 - Playtime
14.30 - 15.20 - Session 4
15.20 - End of School Day