CofE Primary School

Warcop CofE Primary School

Imagine. Believe. Achieve.

Get in touch

Contact Details

Special Needs Education

Special Educational Needs and Disabilities Report - Local Offer

Warcop CE Primary School 


The Special Educational Needs and Disability Code of Practice 2014 require the school to publish certain information regarding our provision for pupils with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND). At Warcop CE Primary School, we hope parents/carers of current and prospective pupils find the following information helpful. We encourage all interested parties to contact the school for more information. 



We provide support for the following SEND:

  • Visual impairments.
  • Hearing impairments.
  • Mild learning difficulties.
  • Moderate learning difficulties.
  • Severe learning difficulties.
  • Complex medical needs.
  • Behavioural needs



How does the school know if children/young people need extra help and what should I do if I think my child/young person may have special educational needs?

Staff at Warcop CE Primary do regular assessments of all children in Maths, Reading and Writing. Any child who is Working Below expected outcomes for their year group, may receive extra help or intervention in a specific area. This would be after consultation with parents/carers. If you think your child may have SEN, speak to either the class teacher, the Head Teacher.


How will early years school staff support my child/young person?

We may provide extra teaching assistant support, either in class or in a small intervention group. Some children may need one to one support.


How will the curriculum be matched to my child's/young person's needs?

All staff are able to deliver fully differentiated lessons to suit the whole class. They are well equipped to deal with any extra SEN in their classrooms, so that all children are included. Teaching staff and Teaching Assistants work hand in hand to make sure each child will do their best.


How will both you and I know how my child/young person is doing and how will you help me to support my child's/young person's learning?

Children with SEN receive targets on an Individual Education Plan which details the provision the child will receive and the targets they are working towards. The Individualised Educational Plan (IEP) is reviewed regularly through discussions with parents and any extra staff or agencies involved.


What support will there be for my child's/young person's overall well being?

We are a caring, supportive school who have the best interests of all children at the forefront of all we do. We have staff trained by Barnados in programmes such as Happy to be me, which focus on the child's self esteem.


What specialist services and expertise are avaliable at or accessed by the school?

Hearing Specialist Teacher

Vision Specialist Teacher

Speech Specialist Teacher

Educational Psychologist

Dyslexia and Spelling Expert


Child Bereavement Counselors

Happy To Be Me Trained Staff Member

Safe Handling 

Staff trained in Autism

Several staff are trained in MHFA


Cumbria Family Support


How will my child/young person be included in activities outside this classroom including school trips?

All children are included in what we do at Warcop CE Primary School. Some children may need one to one support for some lessons and outings, such as school trips. Risk assessments are carried out to ensure all children and staff are safe.


How accessible is the school environment?

Our school is fully accessible for a wheelchair or physically handicapped people. There is one room accessed only by stairs, other rooms can be used.


How will the school prepare and support my child/young person to join the setting or the next stage of education and life?

We ensure that the pupil is supported to make a smooth transition to whatever they will be doing next, e.g. moving on to higher education. 

We engage with secondary schools as necessary to help plan for any transitions. 

We will transfer all relevant information about the pupil to any educational institution that the pupil is transferring to. 

If the pupil has been excluded, the school has a duty to arrange suitable, full-time education from the sixth day of a fixed period exclusion and to provide full details of any SEND provisions necessary, in accordance with the school’s Exclusion Policy. 

If it is in the best interest of the pupil, the school may commission alternative provision, in line with any EHCP in place, for pupils who face barriers to participate in mainstream education. 

The school will take an active role in preparing pupils with SEND for their transition into adult life, preparing them to achieve their ambitions in terms of higher education or employment, taking responsibility for their health, where they will live, their relationships and their finances, social integration and independence.


How is the decision made about what type and how much support my child/young person will receive?

Any decisions made are after a full meeting with parents, staff and any other agencies appropriate to the child's needs.


How are parents involved in the school? How can I be involved?

We encourage parents to be actively involved in our school. If you would like to become more involved please contact the Head Teacher.